Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Baby Bird

We have a bird nest in one of the hanging pots on our front porch. I sent J out to water the flowers tonight and one of the birds had hatched so he took a couple of pictures. I'm interested to see if they all hatch - or exactly what happens with the nest situation because one of the eggs in the nest was "different". You can see the other eggs in the pictures below, but the bird that hatched already was from a bigger, more speckled egg. I don't know if another bird came by and laid an egg in the already prepared nest or if the bird that started the original nest is dead. I found a dead bird on the porch under this hanging pot a couple of days before I noticed there was a nest, I just thought it had probably inadvertently flown into the window.

This is the baby bird napping (I guess). Not really that cute, huh?

Below J has moved the basket so it thought it was meal time and raised up with its mouth wide open for a bite!


2 comments:

parker's granny said...

If all the eggs hatch, it's going to get crowded in that nest!

Aimee said...

I actually have one in my hanging basket on the porch too. Every year when I put my flowers out, there is one pot, in the exact same place every year, that the birds make a nest and lay their eggs. Ours only had one egg!