Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a Bird. . . .

This morning, Parker and I were playing throw the balls down the stairs. It works like this--he stands on top of the landing, I stand on the stairs and he throws the balls over the railing and does a crazy laugh! When I was waiting for the last ball, I heard a thud on the porch and looked outside. I saw a feather floating and thought a bird had hit the front door. When I went to gather up the balls, I looked outside but saw nothing. Our game went on for several minutes. I was standing below Parker on the stairs so I really wasn't looking at anything but him and where the balls were flying!
I started up the stairs and had to do a double take, because there in the window, pretty much in the middle hung a bird. I looked closer and could see it blinking its eyes. Now, I didn't really want to touch that bird, but I couldn't just let it hang there. So I worked up the courage to open the window thinking I could just sort of push its little feet out of the screen, but just then it shook its head and flew away right off the screen. I took this picture because it was one of those tales that you might have trouble believing without evidence! (Parker paid no attention at all to the bird, just acted like it was normal for a bird to be stuck in the window screen)

3 comments:

House Queen said...

Maybe it wanted to play ball with you two!?!

parkersmom said...

YUCK!
EWW! So you didn't actually touch it?!?
Last thing we need is some kind of bird flu right after we get over a stomach virus.

Kara said...

Ick!!! I hope that window flying into bird or any of the rest of its flock don't find their way to my house!