Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Not 40 Yet


I am unsure how old I feel, or how old I am supposed to feel.  I really don't feel like I have almost summited the proverbial hill though.  I could go on and on about how "yesterday" was 20 years ago, but today was the greatest birthday ever, at least so far! 

Today, we celebrated my 39th birthday.  Before I left for work, I was treated to 2 awesome birthday cards.  They each drew me special pictures. Brooks put a space ship while Brynn drew her family wearing party hats.


When I got home from work, the festivities began. There was a trip to the Chinese restaurant for birthday carry out.
Followed by a special sugar free cheesecake decorated by the cake bosses.


When you are 39, it's never a bad idea to bring in back-up!


Opening a special gift from Brooks and Brynn.  Brooks got me a "T" football shirt to match our hats. Brynn loves going to hockey games with me, so she chose a Predators shirt for me.


Today has been an awesome birthday. I am very lucky to have such an amazing family to grow old with.





 



No comments: