Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Tractor Tale

This morning I went out to get on my tractor and mow. As I got on a mouse came out from under the hood. It jumped off onto the other tractor and ran away. I started mowing and I mowed down the driveway and around the pond and had been working for about an hour. As I was driving under the apple tree in the yard, something stuck its head out by the fuel tank. At first I thought I was seeing things! But it kept coming farther. So, I threw my tractor out of gear and jumped off. By this time it was probably two feet out on the hood. I left the tractor running and the 4 foot chicken snake crawled across the hood and fell off. It slithered away through the grass. I let it live to hunt another day. I got back on the tractor with my heart beating really fast and came to tell Delilah the story.
The moral of the story is, if you see a mouse come out from under your hood, check to see if a snake is trying to catch it!

There were no pictures of this actual event, but these pictures show how big the snake was and where it came out!


4 comments:

steph said...

Awesome story, Dad.

House Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
House Queen said...

Peanut,
It is nice to see you enter the world of blogging! I wish you could have killed the snake though. Anytime you let a snake live another day is just wrong in my book. However, you were very brave.

Anonymous said...

cool story was the snake really that big