Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fun in the desert

Jay and I are in Phoenix. The weather is AWESOME. How does 82 and sunny sound? Today we went for a scenic desert drive with our destination being Tortilla Flat, a town that has a population of 6! I'm having trouble uploading pics so maybe I'll get a chance to post more in a day or two, but here's a couple for you to see what we've been up to today.....

This is J wearing a buffalo robe. It is the same robe Robert Redford wore in the movie Jeremiah Johnson. I've never heard of that movie, but I've got a feeling Dad probably has! We were in a museum at a ghost town we went to today. I'm not 100% certain that you were suppose to be wearing the robe but the "guide" was in the other room and we did pay $2 to get into the museum. ha ha!
This pic was part of our scenic drive. You can see when I say it's 82 and sunny, I mean sunny. There literally isn't a cloud in the sky. I thought this was a neat pic because there probably aren't many lakes surrounded by cacti.


1 comment:

parker's granny said...

I am jealous of the weather! That robe is awesome and I remember J. Johnson!