Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trip to DC

I had to be in DC Monday and Tuesday of this week for work. Since I would be going for free, Jay decided he would just go too and we flew up as soon as he was out of school on Friday (a special thanks to the T and P airport shuttle). It was a perfect fall weekend for taking in the sights. Jay has promised Mom a blog about our trip so I am just going to do my 5 favorite pics from the trip and I will let him blog about the rest:

#1 - My pic with President-elect Obama. Can you believe we ran into him on the street?!?

#2 - This is as close as you can get to the White House since 9/11. We did go check it out from the side, though (where you can get a little closer) and we saw one of the Presidential dogs taking a walk on the grounds! If you look closely you can see there are two dudes on top of the White House.
#3 - Jay contemplating the Korean Veteran's Memorial. (Mom - I thought you would appreciate my reflective photography work in this one!)



#4 - Jay and I on the Lincoln Memorial steps.

#5 - The reflecting pool, Washington Monument, and if you look closely, the Capitol - oh, and Jay.

2 comments:

parkersmom said...

Nice sweater vest!

Aimee said...

Good job Steph! I can't believe you actually ran in to Obama!!, Yet there was McCain in the background....did he even speak?!!